Sunday, October 31, 2010

Robert Plant: "I Almost Walked"

Robert Plant said this week that he almost quit Led Zeppelin after the death of his son, Karak, in 1977 according to Contact Music:
"All of us had been thinking about what would happen next because the illusion had run its course.

"I'd already lost my boy and then you think, 'I really have to decide what to do.' I applied to become a teacher in the Rudolf Steiner education system. I was accepted to go to teacher training college in 1978. I was really quite keen to just walk."

It was John Bonham, according to Plant, who convinced him to stay with the band.

If you're ever wondering why Robert Plant wouldn't tour with a reformed Led Zeppelin after the 2007 02 reunion, there's a lot in that statement to explain why.




Meanwhile, Plant had a successful homecoming with his Band of Joy playing The Roundhouse Saturday as part of BBC2's Electric Proms. According to Dave Lewis at Tight But Loose:
This Radio 2 Electric Proms event can take its place right up there with the most special of occasions spent in his (Plant's) company.

No comments: