Saturday, December 18, 2010

ZepFest 2011

I try, I really do, to not just be a rehash of what everyone else is doing. There are other, more established Led Zeppelin blogs who already do so much, so well. If I can give a story a personal touch, I’ll jump all over it. If I’m just rehashing, I stop and wonder what I’m adding to the discussion.

The other blogs in their entirety, have been doing a wonderful job of 8trackpromoting ZepFest 2011 (in fairness, the other bloggers all seem to have been invited to speak at ZepFest 2011). My plan was to hold off, start talking about it sometime in the new year. Come the spring, ZepFest is going to be a huge Zeppelin story, so I thought I’d wait.

That’s what I thought. Things change. A couple of things have come up. First, I won a Led Zeppelin I 8-track (in-gently used, 1969 Chevelle not included) on their 12 Daze of Zepmas. I recommend everyone on Facebook join their mailing list, and watch for the The 12 Daze of ZepMas. Trust me, you can win.

Then the guys at ZepFest decided to link up to this blog. Great blog, they call it. When guys have good sense like that, they become hard to ignore.

So for the record, here’s the pertinent bits:
ZepFest 2001

The Worlds Largest "Zep Fest"
Memorial Day Weekend
May 27, 28, 29 2011
Washington DC

50+ Bands on 5 stages
"Interactive" Festival Grounds
DJ's-Speakers-Authors - Largest collection of Zeppelin Memorabilia ever assembled - secret shows - surprise guests.

It’s going to be a great event.


No comments: